I went to Bible College in the late 70’s. I learned allot of Bible knowledge but decided being a pastor was not my calling. Over the years, I have watched those in leadership roles in the church and observed their lives and families. The numbers are pretty disturbing.
American church statistics have reported:
- In America, 3500 – 4000 churches close their doors each year
- Half of all churches last year did not add one new member through conversion growth
- Churches lose an estimated 2,765,000 people each year to nominalism and secularism
- 1,400 pastors in America leave the ministry monthly.
- Only 15% of churches in the United States are growing and just 2.2% of those are growing by conversion growth.
- 10,000 churches in America disappeared in a five-year period.